Jun 5, 2015

Why Airlines Need to Think For a the Customer

Every visit to the airport has my body parts twist in frustration. I may have unconsciously chosen to vent using this medium giving the blog much needed attention as well.

I have my own workarounds and hacks for each airport - which line would move faster, security frisking station offers the most flexibility to minimise time taken. This coupled with my own preparation that would enable me to save time tremendously from the way I pack, why I always wear a jacket if I'm traveling, the size of the bag I carry, leveraging one of the biggest lines that eats up all the time.i never check any of my bags in. Which would mean, I don't carry much and also I don't carry the hazardous items. This has impacted my choice of dressing and eventually - hold your breath - my first choice of colour for my clothing, my already abysmal fashion sense, etc.,

So, what's the point I'm trying to make? The reason one needs a hack is that the current process causes discomfort to the user. It is the responsibility of the airlines to make it easy for the users of the service it offers. Innovating to solve customer problems can go a long way in addressing these issues. A process to identify the problems could be a useful first step. 

No comments: