Jun 20, 2015

Are you feeling too Cold?

The cabin lights were dimmed in the aircraft and suddenly it became too cold. I reached out to close the duct on top and caught the eye of the air hostess in the aircraft. I was at least four rows away from where she was and yet she asked me if it were too cold. I nodded in affirmation. She immediately changed the settings and asked me if it were okay now. What was amazing was that all this happened through reading the lips and about 20 people around me.

I am served the cold coffee that I ordered in a coffee shop and the take-away cup is too cold. I reach out for the napkin to wrap the cup. The Barista on instinct, offers a cup holder which also acts as an insulator to make my life a little easier.

Neither the air hostess nor the barista need to have done what they did. They could have completely ignored how I felt and there was nothing that I could've done about it. This is the subjective part of their role that no job description can write. Yet when both of them asked if I felt too cold, I actually felt quite warm.

No comments: