Sep 10, 2014

Why Would You Come Back?

I remember reading de Bono say that if you have to get from point a to point b, it might not be a bad idea to wander away to another point d and from there reach point b. It has had a huge influence on my choices in the twenties.

I would intentionally take an unfamiliar route while riding my bike and try to reach the destination, which I would, but without an idea how I reached there. The getting lost in the unfamiliar route was great fun. Finding the route back was equally fun. Those were the days when there was no google maps.

And then this evolved into exploring cities that work takes me to and the countries I backpacked in. Wandering around with a map or a book or based on local knowledge was thoroughly enjoyable.

In hindsight, I think I came back because I had to. Why would all the people who take flight in the morning come back? Is it because they have to? Or is it because they like to?


2 comments:

Rafiki said...

We all come back because we like the feeling of coming home, the most amazing place of all, the familiarity.

jankari hub said...

http://www.jankarihub.com/